Lynda studied architecture at Edinburgh College of Art (eca), receiving an Andrew Grant Bequest travel award to Italy for her fourth year project. She worked in various public and private architects’ practices before returning to teach architecture at eca.
She now lives and works as an artist in her garden studio near the Pentland Hills in Edinburgh and is a member of the art collective bound:unbound and Edinburgh Printmakers.
Her work begins by drawing, sketching and photography on location before developing the ideas in the studio by printmaking – mostly screenprinting and monoprinting – painting and artist books.
She is interested in the marks that man makes on the environment especially the built forms and how they respond to climate, topography and technology. Edge lands are of special interest.
Bound:Unbound Artists’ Book Collective
- Our Lockdown Journey, Northlight Gallery, Orkney, 2021
- Re-connections, Upright Gallery, Edinburgh, 2020
- Coming Up for Air, Upright Gallery, Edinburgh (with Ron Wilson) 2020
- Xmashup, Upright Gallery, Edinburgh, 2019
- Paisley Art Institute Annual Exhibition, 2020 and 2015
- Open Annual Exhibition. Royal Scottish Society of Painters in Watercolour. 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2015
- print fold stitch, National Centre for Craft and Design, Sleaford (with bound:unbound) 2019
- Precipitous City, Upright Gallery, Edinburgh (with bound:unbound) 2019
- Bound: unbound, &gallery, Edinburgh (with bound:unbound) 2018
- Deluge, Edinburgh Printmakers, 2018
- Beyond the Page, Craigard Gallery, Wigtown, Wigtown Book Festival (with bound:unbound) 2017
- Reflections, Northlight Gallery, Stromness, Orkney (with Liza Green) 2016
- Connections: Scotland and Italy, The Royal Scottish Society of Painters in Watercolour, Lillie Art Gallery, Milngavie, 2016
- Indelible Traces, Edinburgh Printmakers, 2015
- Anne Frank: A History for Today Exhibition, University of Stirling, 2015
- Artist Books, Riverside Gallery, Richmond, London, 2014/2015
- Books on Tyne, The Newcastle Book Festival, 2014
- North Bound, Lyth Arts Centre, Caithness (with bound:unbound) 2014
- Vault 4, Hidden Door Festival, Edinburgh (with bound:unbound) 2014
- bound:unbound, McNaughtan’s Gallery, Edinburgh (with bound:unbound) 2013
- 4th Sheffield International Artist’s Book Prize Exhibition 2013
- Royal Glasgow Institute of Fine Arts Annual Exhibition 2012 and 2013
- Feral Landscape, Edinburgh Printmakers 2012
- Paper Page Process, Patriothall Gallery, Edinburgh (with bound:unbound) 2012
- Edinburgh Printmakers at the Scottish Arts Club 2012
- 3 Harbours Festival, Cockenzie, 2011, 2012 and 2014
- Paint Print Page, McNaughtan’s Gallery, Edinburgh (with bound:unbound) 2011
- Hidden City: Edinburgh Uncovered, Edinburgh Printmakers 2011
- Visual Arts Scotland Annual Exhibition 2011 (with The Artist Book Group)
- Women Architects. Their Work, Royal Institute of British Architects, 1984
Artist book markets and artist fairs
Since 2012 – various markets and fairs, solo and with bound:unbound, at:
- Fruitmarket Gallery, Edinburgh
- Scottish Poetry Library, Edinburgh
- Art Walk Porty, Edinburgh
- Out of the Blue, Edinburgh
- Baltic, Gateshead
- Colony of Artists, Edinburgh
Artist books are in the collections of :
- Edinburgh College of Art/University of Edinburgh
- Edinburgh City Libraries Fine Art Library
- The Scottish Poetry Library
Work is included in:
- In Praise of Beautiful Books, ed. Caroline Mornement, BCF Books, 2013.
- The Artist’s Book Yearbook 2016-17, Impact Press, 2015.
- British Artists’ Book Makers, ed. Caroline Mornement, BCF Books, 2015.